Do you feel like you are on ALL platforms all day long? Tied to your phone, constantly trying to post, get seen and reach different audiences with different content? You are always thinking of what to say, when and how?! Well here are my BEST tips on how to easily and effectively repurpose your content to reach a bigger audience on social media.
When I learned this one tip and actually implemented it, MY LIFE WAS CHANGED. In less than one hour, I had reached over 7 different audiences. That is A LOT of people! So my tip is to repurpose your CONTENT!!! YOU HAVE TO! You go to your Facebook GROUP, this is a customer group, hobby group community around your business, service or product. If you don’t have one, you need one! Stop now, and read here why then come back!
Ok now let’s learn how to reach more people about your business in less time!
In less than one hour, I had reached over 7 different audiences.
That is A LOT of people!
Here is the framework on how to easily and effectively repurpose your content to reach a bigger audience on social media.
WHAT is repurposing content anyway?
When you are repurposing your content you are using one piece of content and sharing it in a bunch different ways or places. Basically, you take your LIVE video and send it all over the internet to spread the word about your business, service, or your products.
Here is WHY you want to repurpose your content:
- People aren’t on every one of the same platforms as you! If they are, then the chances are that they aren’t seeing your posts on ALL platforms. We all know by now with the algorithms you are lucky if they see 1/3 of your posts or even LIVE videos.
- People consume information differently – some like to read, some like to listen, some like to watch. People prefer Youtube over Pinterest or Facebook LIVE over Instagram posts. Instagram stories over Facebook LIVE, IGTV over Youtube, and the list goes on.
Here is HOW to easily and effectively repurpose your content to reach a bigger audience on social media.
To make things easier I also created this checklist that you can print to help you along until becomes second nature for you!
- Record one LIVE video (or one of the others on the list and create the rest of the list, like turn an email into a LIVE then share it to youtube blog ect.)
- Download your LIVE video to your computer
- Edit it – if you are on a Mac you can use iMovie or any free video editor, just clean it up a bit.
Then we are going to send that edited LIVE video to these places—–>
- Share your edited/or LIVE video to your personal page, or Fan Page
- Upload your video to Youtube
- Upload your video to IGTV (TIP: Then promote your IGTV video by talking about it on IG stories. Tell people to swipe up to watch and then you can link your IGTV video right there in that story)
- Email it to your email list (TIP: you can send them the actual LIVE link to watch or read to get more views and boost engagement if you want, it’s your preference). If you need to learn HOW to create an email list and all the email marketing info that there is to learn you can read about it here.
- Add the video to your blog post! But first, use your LIVE notes to create a quick blog post then you can use that blog for the rest ——>
- Pin that blog post to Pinterest
- Break parts of the blog up into “mini – tips” and create separate social media posts and images for each one. You can schedule those posts throughout your month on Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
There may be others but these are the top non-negotiable steps that I use to grow my audience in the least amount of time and work. By doing this and cross using my LIVE, it promotes my private Facebook group, my course, and my coaching to those who don’t know.
I know it sounds like a lot, but I promise you it gets easier. I created this checklist for you so you can print this out and complete this list each time without forgetting a step. After you do it a couple times it will come naturally and you will fly right through it!
Here are some of the other resources that I have that will help you through all of these steps!
THAT is A LOT of content ya’ll!!! You got this!
To your success!